There is no denying the point that movies whose plot revolves around a hidden treasure encourage the adventurers in most of us. While searching for a treasure map and looking for millions of buried gold coins seems too far-fetched, you can surely get the same adventurous feeling by being a metal hunter. Metal hunting is an exciting hobby which provides you with the opportunity to search for rare and sometimes even valuable items in a forest, at a beach, or in your very own backyard with the assistance from a metal detector.
But if you are genuinely interested in taking up this hobby, the most important thing is to choose a good-quality metal detector. The markets are filled with many different types of metal detectors which are exclusively created for beginners, intermediate metal hunters, and experienced professionals. If you are a beginner and are eyeing a reasonably priced metal detector or want one for your teenage child, the Winbest Pro Edition Metal Detector by Barska can be an excellent choice.
Features like dual operation modes, preset ground balance, adjustable sensitivity and headphone jack, the metal detector is an excellent value-for-money product. Read this Barska Winbest Pro Edition Metal Detector Review to know more about this metal detector.
- 6.5” Waterproof Search Coil – The powerful search coil of this metal detector allows you to detect the target up to a depth of 8″ on the standard soil. Moreover, the coil is waterproof and can also be used in shallow waterbody to detect targets. As a result, you can not just use this metal detector on land but can also use it on beaches.
- Two Operating Modes – The metal detector comes with two different operating modes- All Metal Mode and Disc Mode. While in All-Metal Mode, the Barska Pro Metal detector targets all the different types of metals with the help of its high sensitivity and auto ground balance. In Disc Mode, you can select the type of element you want to detect and enjoy a customized metal hunting experience. The preset ground balance also makes it easier for the detector to adjust to different types of terrain.
- Analog Meter – The detector has an easy-to-view and understand analog meter on the upper part of the control box. The needle in the meter jumps when the detector detects a target, and based on the strength of the signal, you can try to measure the distance of the target from the ground level.
- Adjustable Stem – Just like the Winbest Premiere Underwater Metal Detector and other metal detectors from Barska, the Pro Edition Metal Detector also features an adjustable stem which you can adjust between 15.5 and 25 inches. This makes this metal detector suitable for metal hunters of different heights.
- Easy to Use – As the detector doesn’t feature any advanced features, it is perfect for beginners and hobbyists. It allows you to learn the basics of metal detecting, and once you are ingrained with the essential features, then you can start looking for a model with advanced features.
- Good Set of Basic Features – The Pro Edition Metal Detector by Barska is exclusively designed for beginners and hobbyists with a basic set of metal detecting features to make sure that they don’t find it difficult to use this detector. Users simply need to select an operating mode, and the detector is ready for use.
- Comfort at its Best – Apart from the above mentioned adjustable stem, the detector also has adjustable arm rest for maximum comfort. The detector itself is light in weight, and these additional features further add up to the ease of using this detector.
- Waterproof Coil – Many of the metal detectors for beginners do not feature a waterproof coil, limiting the usage of the detector to land. However, the Barska Pro Edition Metal Detector has a waterproof coil that can detect targets in shallow water.
- All Metal and Disc Modes – You can choose between all metal and disc modes to enhance the accuracy of your metal hunting expedition. The all metal mode searches for many different types of metals while the disc mode offers custom metal detecting.
- Adjustable Sensitivity – The sensitivity adjustment is another feature is difficult to find in metal detectors for beginners, especially in this price range. With the help of this specialty, you can easily adjust the sensitivity and hunt for targets in areas where the ground contains a lot of minerals, waste, etc.
- Low Battery Indicator – The metal detector is powered by 2 x 9v batteries and also features a low battery indicator to ensure that you have a clear idea about when the detector will need a battery replacement and eliminate the problem of running out of charge while hunting for targets.
- Speaker and Headphone Jack – While the metal detector features a speaker for audio alerts when the detector detects a target, it also has a headphone jack. By connecting a headphone, you can enjoy metal hunting even at crowded places.
- Manufacturer- Barska
- Model Number- BE11638
- Weight- 2.5 pounds
- Dimensions- 30 x 7 x 4 inches
- Search Coil Diameter- 6.5”
- Power Supply- 2 x 9V batteries
- Warranty- 1-year limited warranty
- Two operating modes
- The Search coil is one hundred percent waterproof
- Easy-to-read analog meter
- Preset ground balance
- Sensitivity adjustment
- Adjustable stem and armrest
- Headphone jack
- Powered by 2 x 9v batteries
- An Indicator for Low Battery Warning
- Compact and light in weight
- Very reasonably priced
- Ideal for beginners, hobbyists, and children
- 1-year limited warranty
- Basic set of features
- Only ideal for beginners and hobbyists
While Barska also sells advanced metal detectors, like Winbest Master Edition Metal Detector, Barska Premiere Edition Metal Detector, etc. the Pro Edition Metal Detector from the brand is what a beginner should buy. The advanced features of other models might confuse beginners and can also result in them starting to dislike such an adventurous hobby. Thus, it is better to cling onto a beginner model which is reasonably priced, understand the basics of metal hunting and then start looking for an advanced model.
We hope that this Barska Winbest Pro Edition Metal Detector review provided you with some in-depth knowledge about this metal detector, and you are all set to buy your very first metal detector. However, if you still have any inquiries about this model, feel free to use the comments section below and don’t forget to visit other pages of our website to know more about metal detectors and other fantastic beginner and advanced models.