In the world of metal detectors, if you’re looking to strike some real treasure, it is more about working smart than working hard. You have to know what you need to get. If you’re looking to get some gold in your escapades, then you stand better chances and less unnecessary digging with a more customized and particular metal detector and that is the gold and treasure metal detector. Unlike, most of the other metal detectors, this may come with a slightly different price tag, but as you would expect, the advantages will be experienced as soon as it is put to the test.
What Is The Difference Between Normal Metal Detectors and Gold Metal Detectors?
Most people could be wondering why they should opt for a metal detector that is specifically made to find gold, though gold is a metal so it should be found with the other ordinary metal detectors. If you are looking to strike it big with this metal whose prices are currently skyrocketing, then you need something that gives you an edge. Here is how this is different from the other metal detectors that you may own.
Best gold metal detectors are made with enhanced signals that are meant to find even half a grain size of gold in the field. You can be assured that as the size of your treasure gets bigger, the detector is able to find it even deeper. The great number of these is made with a certain range of frequencies that make it easier for you to find gold and other treasures that the machine is meant to find with more ease.
They boast of better and more stable ground balancing circuits and special coils that are specially made to help you find gold even in the most dreaded places like mineralized soil that are, usually, gold mines. These include areas with highly mineralized soils and even where there are the hot rocks which to most treasure hunters are a real pain. Circuitries like the Groundhog have been used in metal detectors to give you the best chance of finding what really matters even in sample ores which can be typically painful with the normal metal detectors.
While normal metal detectors may be able to find gold nuggets as well, they are not able to give an astounding signal for this as they would for the same size of another metal like say iron. With that, given how inconsistent that these metal detectors can be, you’re more likely to skip digging for all the gold because of the nature of the signals given. That is why you should opt for a more specialized equipment as it will give you a better chance.
However, you should know that these metal detectors have been made with the intention of finding natural gold nuggets that have not been modified or interfered with by man. As you would expect, these have a greater value. If you’re looking to find some gold jewelry which might cost much less, then the normal metal detector might work for you since those are severely altered and are composed of other metals as well.
What Can You Find With a Gold Metal Detector?
There are a few things that you can be able to find with a metal detector. The first and most important are the gold nuggets which is what the machine is typically made to find. However, you might be pleased to know that the machine will not only find you gold nuggets but is able to locate small deposits of gold and even single flakes. This is great news given the number of single flakes that you can be able to find.
It is worth noting that at the time, there is no machine that has been made that can be able to find gold dust. While most people might sulk at this news, it is actually great news. The amount of micro particle of gold spread out in any one place would cause the machine to go off and prevent you from finding any real treasure. Furthermore, it would be very hard and complex to dig up the dust particles since they are very hard to see.
Now that you understand the difference between the normal metal detectors and the metal detectors and the benefits that you’re bound to enjoy with the latter, it might be a good idea for you to get a glimpse of some of the best metal detector for gold that are meant to specifically find gold. That way should you decide to go and make a purchase, any of these would be a great starting point and if not, they can be a great reference and starting point for you.
Bounty Hunter SS2 Sharpshooter II Metal Detector
This particular metal detector is a great option for an advanced user that is looking for visual reference to know if they have found gold, iron, silver or any other metal. It also has an LCD touch pad that makes controlling the machine a walk in the park, and has an 8 inch pad making it easier for one to be able to cover a large area in a short time.
- It is very easy to set up especially for someone that has done this before.
- Has two discrimination knobs that make sure you don’t go digging for trash and as such you’re able to save your energy to dig up the things that matter.
- Is not hard to use
- The batteries that are required for it to function are sold separately.
- The control box might vary slightly from what is on the image.
Teknetics Dekta 4000 Metal Detector
This particular metal detector comes jam packed with a variety of features that most will find not only advantageous but also very helpful. These include the user friendly nature of the machine especially for coin, relic and gold hunting and an easy to read and large LCD display that has a 2 ID target numerical system. It is able to find targets that are as far as 8 inches deep and has a 3 tone audio discrimination to make sure that you know the nature of what you’ve found. It can run for 25 hours on one single 9 volts battery.
- Ideal for those that are on a tight budget
- Well balanced when swinging and is light weight
- Ideal for mild soils
- It may not be the best option for those that are looking to work in highly mineralized soils.
Garrett All-Terrain AT Gold Deep-Seeking Water Proof Land and Sea Metal Detector
This particular Metal detector that is particularly meant to find gold is able to find gold nuggets, coins, jewelry and even relics. This is particularly meant to help one look for stuff under water but comes with a pair of headphones that helps to make the search possible even for the dry land.
- It is able to make searches possible both on land and water.
- It is lightweight and well built.
- Has an easy to read display.
- Has great pricing for a great product.
- For most people, they find it a bit too light for their liking.
Garrett ACE 350 Adventure
If you’re looking for something that is more sophisticated that comes with quite the number of accessories, then you can be guaranteed that this will definitely fill your demands. It comes with a variety of features that include heightened iron discrimination levels to ensure that you only land on the good targets and a more powerful double D search coil for deeper and larger searches even on mineralized soils. It has higher frequencies with electronic pinpointing for precise location and also has an accept or reject discrimination.
- Is an ideal addition for the professionals.
- Comes with a variety of other equipment and accessories that make it easier for you to get started.
- Despite the look, it is very easy to use.
- Has a great build and great quality.
- Most of the people might find it chunky because of the number of accessories that it comes with.
- Is not an ideal buy for starters because they might not be able to use most of the accessories that it comes with.
Garrett AT Pro Spring Sports Pack Special
This is yet another great buy for those that are looking to buy something professional that is able to go deep and wide. It comes with a variety of features that include the diggers pouch, coil covers and a ball cap. It is also ideal for both fresh and salty water excavations and is waterproof up to 10 feet, has an audio digital target for irons and is a great purchase for both the experts and the starters.
- Comes with a variety of other accessories that are vital in the field.
- Is ideal for both the starters and pros because it is easy to use.
- Can be used on both water and land.
- It is water proof up to 10 feet deep.
- Comes with the entire package that includes the headphones and the batteries
- Maybe a bit out of reach in terms of pricing
- Those that are starting out may find it a bit cumbersome to use it but this is gradually overcome.
Fisher F75 Metal Detector
Even though, this does not come with most of the accessories that the other two has, it comes with a wide range of features that make it highly functional. Some of the features include the large LCD screen that comes complete with target identification display, a double discrimination feature, a magnetic mineralization, bar graph, waterproof search coil and also a rain cover.
- It has a simple design and layout and is ideal even for the beginners.
- It is waterproofed for longevity and functions even in the rain.
- It can go deep in its search.
- It is not weighty and balances quite well.
- Operates in a bit of a different way than the others, this may pose a challenge to those that are using the gadget for the first time.
- Does not come with all the necessary accessories and as such may be quite tricky for those that have graduated. Buying the accessories might cost you much more.
Treasure Cove TC-3020
With a wide range of features that include the ability to ignore junk metals, identify the exact type of metals that you’re looking for, has three audio tones for varying metals and an 8 Inch waterproof coil, this is one of the most functional tools that you would get. It also has a pinpoint feature that allows one to know the exact point of the object found.
- The pinpoint feature allows you to save a lot of energy and time by allowing you to have the best possible chance in getting the object on your first dig.
- The larger search coil can cover more ground at any given time.
- It is able to ignore junk metals with varying audio tones to allow you identify what you have found before you start digging. That way you’re able only to get your hands dirty on what matters.
- Not as advanced as many people would prefer.
- Does not come with the batteries but these have to be bought separately.
Bounty Hunter QSI Quick Silver Metal Detector
This is an ideal buy for those that are just starting out in the field and would like to have something that can yield some impressive results. The features include an all-metal progressive discrimination, a preset ground balance that allows the gadget to work even in mineralized soil, has a large LCD display that has 3 audio tone feedback and a 4 segment digital target.
- It is ideal for beginners.
- It is light weight and easy to carry around with great balance.
- It is easy to use.
- It is not ideal for people that are looking for something that is more advanced.
- It is quite imposing on the batteries.
Starting out with your newly found treasure hunting hobby should not be a complication anymore. With these metal detectors, it can be quite easy and you will be able to start on the proper footing to make sure that you find the hobby entertaining from the beginning to start.
Metal Detecting Gold Mine Bonus Video