Your experience plays a significant role when it comes to selecting a new metal detector. A metal detector that is designed for beginners or intermediate detectorists would hardly be of any use to a professional detectorist, and similarly, a beginner might find it difficult to understand the features of an advanced detector.
But no matter if you are an experienced detectorist or have just started with the hobby, the Discovery 3300 from Bounty Hunter can be a great choice for detectorists with any level of experience. The detector comes from the renowned First Texas Products Company, which is also the name behind other metal detector brands, like Fisher and Teknetics.
Discovery 3300 is loaded with many technical features that are sure to appeal to the experienced detectorists but are simple enough to be used by everyone. Continue reading this Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Metal Detector review to know more about this impressive product.
- 8” Open Coil- The metal detector features an 8” open-type coil which is water-resistant, allowing you to use the detector on beaches and in shallow water bodies. The coil will allow you to search for coins up to 8 inches and bigger targets up to 3 feet. Moreover, the coil is interchangeable, and you can replace it with larger open-type coils.
- 11-Segments Digital Target Identification- The large display of this 3300 Discovery metal detector features an 11-segment digital target identification which allows you to identify a variety of targets accurately. It is very common for a detector to detect a target, but when you dig the area, all you find is a pull tab. This digital target identification will tell you what the target truly is to ensure that you only dig for the right targets.
- Preset Ground Balance- All the metal detectors in the Bounty Hunter Discovery Metal Detector series have preset ground balance. This feature helps in neutralizing the content of mineral in the ground, allowing you to use the detector in areas with high mineral content. It does an excellent job of discriminating iron from minerals to ensure that you can detect the target in any ground condition.
- Zap Button- The metal detector also features a Zap button which discriminates trash from actual treasure to enable you to use the detector in trashy areas.
- 4 Operating Modes- The Bounty Hunter 3300 metal detector can be operated in four different modes-
- Notch Mode- This can be used to remove a variety of targets from the target detection list manually.
- Progressive Discrimination Mode- Makes use of single tone for eliminating unwanted metals and iron.
- All Metal Mode- Single tone for detecting all the different types of metals.
- Pinpoint Mode- This mode enables the detector to search for targets when it is completely still. Once the detector detects a target, it will produce monotone hum whose intensity will increase as the proximity between the detector and the target reduces.
- Ground Balance Adjustment- By adjusting the ground balance, you can use this metal detector in soil with high mineral content. This feature is very helpful as it eliminates the false signals that can rise due to the presence of minerals in the soil.
- Waterproof Coil and Shaft- As the coil and shaft of this detector is waterproof, you can use it on beaches and in shallow water bodies.
- Ergonomic Design- Bounty Hunter 3300 metal detector is ergonomically designed to allow detectorists to easily carry and use the detector. It is light in weight, has padded armrest, and the shaft can be adjusted as per your height for enhanced convenience. Moreover, it also comes with a detector stand which can be used to store the detector while digging for the target.
- Easy-to-Read LCD Panel- The LCD panel of the detector is easy to read and all the information displayed on the screen can be easily understood by experts and beginners alike. It also has an intuitive touchpad to further ease up the operations.
- 4-Tone Audio- The detector gives 4 different audio tones for different metal types. This allows you to go for the target that you are actually looking for and eliminate the rest.
- Headphone Jack- It also features a ¼” headphone jack if you want to hunt privately at crowded places.
- Powered by Two 9V Alkaline Batteries- The detector is powered by two 9V alkaline batteries which are not included in the package. But once inserted, the batteries can easily last for many metal hunting adventures.
- Operating Frequency- 6.6.kHz
- Coil- 8” Interchangeable Waterproof Open-Type
- Depth Readout- Numeric and Visual Depth Indicators
- LCD Display- Yes
- Search Modes- 4
- Maximum Search Depth- 8”
- Audio Tones- 4
- Manual Ground Balance- Yes
- Length- Adjustable
- Weight- 2.5lbs
- Large LCD display
- Variety of features for beginners as well as experienced detectorists
- 4 tone audio target identification
- 11 segment visual target identification
- Weighs only 2.5lbs
- Reasonably priced
- Pinpoint mode for accurate target detection
- Preset ground balance features does a great job of neutralizing minerals from the ground
- Stem can be adjusted to suit detectorists of every height
- 5 years warranty
- Requires a bit of a learning curve to use all the features
- Some users have mentioned in their Discovery 3300 metal detector reviews that depth readings are not completely accurate at times
As you can see in this Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 Metal Detector review, this detector is indeed an excellent choice for beginners as well as professional metal hunters. While it does have some advanced technical features which a beginner might find difficult to understand initially, but over time, it will only help in improving your knowledge and will make you a better metal detectorist.
If you are looking for this Bounty Hunter 3300 for sale, you can easily find this detector on First Texas Products Company’s official website or on Amazon. To know more about some other amazing metal detectors, do visit other pages of our website as well.