The process of choosing the right metal detector for you can be very confusing. With all the different brands and their models which have a variety of features and prices, you are sure to spend a lot of time in making the right decision. If you believe that the advertisements in treasure magazines will help you out, the jargons and the terminologies used in them are sure to worsen your confusion, especially if you are looking for a metal detector for the first time.
The next common alternative is to consult with your ‘’expert” relatives and friends, but that too isn’t much of help as they are usually familiar with a few models and you might end up with a metal detector which they like and is perfect for them. So, how can you ever make the right decision?
The best solution to choose the perfect metal detector for you is to understand your requirements from a metal detector. Questions, like what you want to hunt for, where you want to hunt, and budget, are some of the most important questions that will substantially reduce the number of options available in the markets. Another important consideration is your knowledge and experience. If you are just starting with metal hunting, an advanced model is of no use to you and similarly, a detector designed for beginners will be of no use for a skilled metal hunter.
If you are new to the realm of metal hunting or have little experience and are looking for a powerful and affordable metal detector, QD2GWP Quick Draw II Metal Detector from Bounty Hunter can be a great choice. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector models are available for all the different types of metal hunters who are new to metal hunting or have been doing it for years. Features of this Quick Draw II Metal Detector, like one-touch depth selection, interchangeable coil, LCD, etc. make it a perfect pick for beginners as it helps them in understanding the basics of metal hunting in an efficient way. Read this Bounty Hunter QD2GWP Quick Draw II Metal Detector Review to know more about this model.
- 8” Interchangeable Waterproof Coil – The QD2GWP metal detector comes with an open spider type 8” waterproof coil which allows you to detect coins up to 8” deep and large objects up to a depth of 3 feet. Moreover, as the coil is waterproof, you can also use it to hunt for metals on beaches. However, it is important to note that only its coil is waterproof and the control unit is not. So, avoid taking it into deep waters.
- Easy-to-Read LCD – Even if you are new to metal hunting, the LCD of this metal detector will ensure that you begin on a productive note. The display indicates the type of metal that the detector has detected and along with the depth at which the metal is. As a result, it protects you from digging for items that are unworthy.
- Notch and Auto Notch – It is with the help of this selective and auto notch feature that the metal detector can discriminate between all the different types of objects. It enables the detector to understand the difference between a coin and a metal cap and displays the same on the LCD for maximum convenience. As a result, you can only start digging for targets which are valuable.
- Sensitivity Adjustment – You can also select the sensitivity based on the area where you are hunting. For instance, you can reduce the sensitivity if you are searching in areas where the mineral content in soil is high or in areas where the soil contains a lot of trash. This helps in avoiding false signals.
- 3-Tone Audio Discrimination – Apart from the LCD which indicates the depth and the type of target detected, the detector also has three audio tones for discriminating different types of targets. Low tones usually indicate iron whereas the higher tones indicate coins and other valuable targets.
- Pinpointer – If you purchase the Bounty Hunter QD2 Quick Draw II Metal Detector from Amazon, it comes with a handy pinpointer. Once the target is detected, you can use the pinpointer to know how deep the target truly is. It helps in improving the accuracy of the whole metal hunting process and makes the digging process simpler.
- Carry Bag – The detector also comes with a carry bag to allow you to carry the detector easily on your metal hunting journeys and ensure that the detector is in a safe condition. However, you’ll be required to disassemble the detector before placing it in the bag. While many of the Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II reviews has criticized the bag and the need to disassemble the unit, the process is very simple and only takes a few minutes.
- 8” Interchangeable Coil – While the metal detector comes with an 8” waterproof coil, you can also go for the optional 10″ coil to enhance the metal detecting abilities of the detector. Replacing the coil is pretty simple, and only requires you to unplug the coil cable of the existing coil from the control box and replace it with the new one.
- Multiple Features for Maximum Accuracy – The QD2GWP is loaded with some features, like sensitivity controls, notch, and auto-notch, and three audio tones to enable you to know exactly what lies beneath the ground. These features protect you from digging for unworthy targets and ensure that each one of your metal hunting expeditions is rewarding.
- Adjustable Stem – The stem of the detector can be adjusted up to one foot for maximum comfort to people of different heights. Moreover, the detector only weighs about 3 pounds to allow you to continue hunting for treasures for long hours without any fatigue.
- Pinpointer and Carry Bag Included – While the detector already comes with a host of features, Bounty Hunter now also offers a pinpointer and carry bag. The pinpointer helps in improving the accuracy of the digging process while the carry bag makes it effortless for you to carry and store the detector.
- Headphone Jack – The detector also features a ¼” headphone jack to allow you to listen to the audio tones and hunt peacefully even in crowded places.
- Powered by Batteries – The Quick Draw II from Bounty Hunter is powered by two 9V alkaline batteries. The batteries wear pretty well and won’ need replacement ever now and then.
- Brand- Bounty Hunter
- Model Number- QD2GWP-PL
- Weight- 3 pounds
- Dimensions- 18 x 16.8 x 14.5 inches
- Color- Black
- Coil- 8” interchangeable
- Stem- Standard ‘S’ type
- Batteries- 2 x 9V Alkaline (Not Included)
- Warranty- 5-years limited
- 8” interchangeable waterproof coil
- Notch and auto-notch
- Sensitivity and discrimination adjustment
- 3-audio tones
- Detects coin-sized objects up to 8” and larger objects up to 3 feet
- LCD display
- Headphone jack
- Powered by 2 x 9V batteries
- Comes with a pinpointer and carry bag Lightweight and easy to use
- Ideal for beginners
- 5-years limited warranty
- Some reviews suggest that the batteries drain very quickly
- Some others have pointed that disassembling the detector every time to carry it in the included carry bag is inconvenient
The Bounty Hunter QD2GWP is already a popular metal detector for beginners and has hundreds of positive reviews for all the right reasons. The detector is reasonably priced and is loaded with some features that will make the metal hunting process simpler and easy-to-understand for people who are just starting with this amazing metal hunting hobby. Understand the features and your requirements before buying this metal detector to ensure that you make a smart buying decision.
While we tried to cover every important aspect of this metal detector in this Bounty Hunter QD2GWP Quick Draw II Metal Detector Reviews, if you still have any questions, you can send them to us with the help of the comments section below. Visit other pages of our website to browse through other beginner, underwater, and bounty hunter gold digger metal detector reviews.