The majority of the metal detectors that are designed for beginners usually only allow you to detect targets that are about a few inches deep into the ground. But if you are tired of the limited features of your beginner metal detector and are looking for an affordable model that is loaded with advanced features and can detect deeper targets, Bounty Hunter SS II (Sharp Shooter II) can be a great choice.
Bounty Hunter is a famous brand of metal detectors from the company First Texas. Sharp Shooter II is from their ‘Serious’ range of metal detectors which are exclusively designed for detectorists who are serious about this hobby. Features, like a visual reference, LCD, target identification, and automatic ground balance, make this detector an excellent choice for not just beginners but professional detectorists as well.
Let us try to know more about this detector and what makes it an excellent choice for every metal hunter in this Bounty Hunter SS2 Sharpshooter II Metal Detector Review.
- 8” Waterproof Concentric Search Coil – Sharp Shooter II comes with an 8-inch concentric-type waterproof search coil which is well-known for its ability to detect targets up to 5 feet deep. Moreover, as the coil is waterproof, you can use the detector on land, on beaches and even in water. But make sure that you do not take it too deep into the water as a lot of reviews have mentioned that its performance is not that great when it is too deep into the water.
- Target Identification – When the detector detects a target, its target identification feature enables you to know what type of target it is. There are various probable targets available on the control panel of the detector, like iron/foil, pull tab, soda caps, cents and dollars, and an arrow on the LCD screen will point on what type of target the detector has detected. His will allow you only to dig for targets that are valuable.
- 4 Search Modes – Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II has four different search modes- All Metal, Discrimination, Notch, Auto Notch. When you select All Metal mode, the detector will detect all the different types of targets made from various metals. Disc and Notch mode will require you to make the adjustments manually with the help of the Disc/Notch knob available on the right side of the control panel, and if you want the detector to adjust the notch automatically, you can select the Auto Notch feature.
- 3 Audio Tones – The detector also emits audio signals of 3 different strengths based on the type of target that has been detected. An excellent combination of visual and audio signals, make it easier for you to understand the type of target that the detector has detected.
- Ground-Trac Technology – If you like to search for targets on different types of soil, you will be required to adjust the sensitivity of your metal detector to enable it to detect useful targets and not junk. However, with the help of the ground track technology of Sharp Shooter II, you can do this by simply pressing the Ground Trac button.
- Adjustable Sensitivity – If you are hunting for metal in soil that has a lot of trash or minerals in it, you can manually adjust the sensitivity of the detector to minimize false signals. But make sure that you don’t keep the sensitivity at very high levels as you might lose some good targets.
- Easy to Use – While the Sharp Shooter II has some advanced features, it is still incredibly easy to understand and use. Not just the professional detectorists but beginners too can use it effortlessly right from the first time they get their hands on it. It comes with easy-to-understand user manual, and you can also find loads of instructional videos for this detector.
- Completely Submersible – The detector is completely submersible, making it an excellent choice if you like to hunt for targets on beaches or underwater. However, it is not exclusively created as an underwater detector. So, if you want a detector which you can only use to detect targets underwater, you should look for some other options.
- LCD Panel with Touch-Pad – The LCD panel and touch pad of the detector further add up to its user-friendliness and also enhances your metal hunting adventures by making it more accurate and rewarding.
- Speaker and Headphone Jack – While the detector features a speaker to emit the audio alerts, it also features a ¼ inch headphone jack which you can use to connect any standard pair of headphone to continue your metal hunting peacefully even in crowded places.
- 5-Years Limited Warranty – For complete peace of mind, the Bounty Hunter SS2 Sharpshooter II Metal Detector comes with a 5-years limited warranty. Moreover, the company is also well-known for its customer service.
- Manufacturer- First Texas (Bounty Hunter)
- Model Name- Sharp Shooter II
- Color- Black
- Dimension- 28.5 x 10.25 x 6.25 inches
- Weight- 4 pounds
- Search Coil- 8” Concentric Waterproof Coil
- Batteries- 2 x 9V (not included)
- Warranty- 5-Years Limited
- Powerful 8” concentric waterproof search coil
- Detects target up to 5 feet
- LCD and touchpad
- Target ID
- Three audio tone discrimination
- Ground-trace technology
- Four search modes
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Adjustable discrimination and sensitivity
- Headphone jack
- Automatic ground balance
- Operates on 2 x 9V batteries
- Reasonably priced
- Hundreds of positive reviews
- 5-years limited warranty
- Slightly heavy
- Shaft is not adjustable
- Slight chatter in notch and discrimination modes
As you can see, the Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II is loaded with an abundance of features that can be very helpful in your metal hunting adventures and at the same time are very easy to use. If you compare it with the features and price tag of other detectors available in the market, it will not be difficult to see why this metal detector has such amazing ratings all over the internet. So, if you are looking to improve your metal hunting skills and make your metal hunting more rewarding, Sharp Shooter II is surely the way to go.
While this Bounty Hunter SS2 Sharpshooter II Metal Detector review talks about every important aspect of this detector, if you still have any questions about it, you can send them to us through the comments section available below. And to know more about other amazing beginner, underwater and gold hunting metal detectors, don’t forget to visit other pages of this website.