With all the complex types of metal detectors available in the market, like the standard ones, underwater metal detectors, gold hunting metal detectors, etc. choosing a metal detector can be confusing. Especially, if you are an intermediate metal detector and have been hunting for some time now and you know the basics of this fantastic hobby, the process can be even more complicated. This is because an intermediate metal hunter needs a detector which is a perfect combination of user-friendliness and advanced features. It is with the help of advanced features that the hunters can improve the metal hunting skills and knowledge, while the user-friendliness will ensure that the features are easy to understand and use, and not entirely focused on professional metal hunting skills.
With this thought in mind, we have selected an amazing option for you- the Garrett ACE 400 Metal Detector. The metal detector is a part of the famous ACE series of metal detectors from Garrett and has collected hundreds of positive reviews on the internet for all the right reasons. The mid-level detector is loaded with features, like multiple search modes, improved sensitivity, electronic pinpointing, LCD, and a lot more to make your metal hunting adventures more rewarding and at the same time make you a better metal hunter.
Let us have a comprehensive look at the features, benefits, specifications, pros and cons of this detector in this Garrett ACE 400 review.
- 8.5” x 11” PROformance Submersible DD Coil – ACE 400 comes with an 8.5″ x 11″ PROformance submersible DD coil which can be used underwater up to a depth of 10 feet. As a result, you can use this detector on not just standard soil but at beaches and even under water to search for valuable targets. Apart from this, the PROformance range of coils from Garrett are known for their seamless functionality, enhanced depth and coverage.
- 5 Search Modes – The detector has five different search modes– Zero-Disc, Jewelry, Custom, Relics and Coin. The Zero-Disc mode enables the detector to alert the ser for every single target that it detects, including trash, coins, jewelry, relics, etc. The remaining four modes can be chosen as per your requirement. Many of the Garrett ACE 400 metal detector review have mentioned that the different modes make a world of a difference on metal hunting, especially if you are looking for some specific type of targets.
- Digital Target ID – On the LCD you will also find target identification number which ranges between 1 and 99. So, if the detector detects something made from iron, the display will show something around 35, but if it detects something valuable, like gold nuggets, the identification number will be more than 60-65. This allows you to know whether the target is worth digging.
- Iron Audio – With the help of Iron Audio, the detector discriminates among the detected iron targets. For instance, if the detector detects a small coin made from iron, it will alert the user about the same with the help of a low audio alert. But if the target is large, the audio alert tone will be louder. Moreover, you can also use this feature to adjust the range of the mid-tone signal. Apart from this, even the iron resolution in this detector is improved to enable it to discriminate better between junk and good targets.
- Advanced Notch Discrimination – With the help of the advanced notch discrimination features of this detector, you can modify the discrimination patterns based on what you are looking for. Moreover, there are also eight different depth and sensitivity adjustments to improve the detecting accuracy further and allow the detector only to detect the type of targets you are looking for.
- Coin Depth Indicator – Coins are very commonly found by detectorists and with the help of this indicator in ACE 400, you are sure to find loads of them. When the detector detects a coin, this coin depth indicator will indicate its depth to allow you to understand the depth at which the coin truly is.
- Pulse-Width Modulation Audio – Garrett has improved the audio modulation in this detector to enable it to provide users with more responsive and sharper sound. Based on the strength of the signal, users can understand whether the target is worth digging.
- Works at 10 kHz Frequency – The Garrett ACE, 400 Metal Detector for sale, works at 10 kHz frequency to offer enhanced sensitivity even on medium and low-conductivity targets, like lead and gold. Moreover, the sensitivity can also be adjusted as per the area in which you are searching.
- Electronic Pinpointing Mode – Apart from the five search modes mentioned above, the detector also has an electronic pinpointing mode which you can use to detect the actual depth at which the target is, to facilitate digging. While other detectors require you to purchase an additional pinpointer for this, ACE 400 has this feature inbuilt. Many of the Garrett metal detector reviews have confirmed that the pinpointing mode of this sensor is indeed very useful.
- Target ID Legend – Apart from the target identification from 1 to 99, this submersible detector is also loaded with identification legends, like all the common coin denominations in the US. This allows you to know exactly the type of coin detected by the detector.
- Adjustable Length – The length of this detectors stem can be adjusted between 42” and 51” to ensure that detectorists of every height can use it comfortably.
- Powered by Batteries – ACE 400 is powered by 4 x AA batteries which are included with the detector. Moreover, there is also a battery indicator on the display.
- Loads of Freebies – The detector comes with some accessories, like ClearSound Easy Stow Headphones from Garrett, Environmental Coverup, Search Coil Cover, Arm Strap, Hardware Kit for attaching the search coil, Catalogue, and Instruction Manual.
- Manufacturer- Garrett
- Model Name- Garrett ACE 400
- Color- Yellow and Black
- Dimension- 22 x 15 x 6 inches
- Weight- 1.32kgs
- Operating Frequency- 10 kHz
- Search Coil- 8.5 x 11” DD PROformance Waterproof Coil
- Batteries- 4 x AA (included)
- Warranty- 2-Years Limited
- Can be used on land as well as on beaches and in water
- Iron audio for target discrimination
- Adjustable frequency to minimize interference
- Works at 10 kHz for enhanced sensitivity
- Improved iron resolution to improve discrimination ability
- Notch discrimination to adjust discrimination pattern
- Five search modes to search for targets you are looking for
- Pinpointing mode to facilitate digging
- Eight depth and sensitivity adjustments to search in all the different types of terrain
- Coin depth indicator to know the depth at which the coin is
- Battery indicator to monitor battery life
- Comes with accessories, like headphones, cover and search coil cover
- 2-years limited warranty for complete peace of mind
- There is nothing about this detector that can be counted as a con. However, as this detector is not very popular, you might find it difficult to find the Garrett ACE 400 metal detector for sale in physical stores. Online stores are a better option for getting great Garrett 400 Ace Deals.
If you are someone who likes to purchase products that provide you with the right bangs for the bucks you spend, this Garrett ACE 400 is sure to satisfy you. While there are many Garrett metal detectors for sale available in the market, ACE 400 is undoubtedly one of the best the company has to offer. It is affordable, loaded with some helpful features and the best part is that it is very easy to use. In short, a perfect pick for beginners, intermediate as well as professional detectorists.
We hope that this Garrett Ace 400 review provided you with the much-needed information about this detector, and you are all set to make a decision. But if you’d like to know more about this detector, feel free to use the comments section, and we will get back to you. And if you want to look for other metal detectors for beginners or professionals, or simply want to know more about metal detectors, don’t forget to visit other pages of our website.