Professional or intermediate hunters who are looking for an advanced but easy-to-use metal detector are sure to be impressed with Minelab Safari Metal Detector. Minelab is already a well-known name in the world of metal detectors and manufactures some of the best of gold, underwater and all-purpose metal detectors. Just like every other detector from the brand, Safari too is loaded with some amazing features that make it a perfect pick for experienced hunters.
In this Minelab Safari review, we will go through the features, benefits, specifications, pros and cons of this metal detector to check whether it’s truly worth the investment. So, let us begin!
- FBS Technology – Minelab Safari Metal Detector makes use of FBS (Full Band Spectrum) technology which allows the detector to receive, transmit and analyze a total of 28 frequencies simultaneously. As compared to Minelab’s very own BBS technology which it uses in its products, like Excalibur II, or other detectors that use a single frequency, Safari can collect a lot more information about the surrounding environment and target to provide improved results.
- Multiple Adjustable Settings – Safari allows you to easily adjust the threshold, sensitivity, discrimination, target volume, etc. to allow you to search for targets in multiple terrains. Be it an area with high amounts of trash or mineral, you can easily adjust this detector to provide you with the best of targets. Also, the settings that you prefer can be saved so that you don’t have to go through the whole process again. Moreover, you can also use Minelab Safari on the beach. However, it is important to note that it is not a 100% waterproof metal detector. So, avoid taking it in deep waters.
- 4 Detection Modes – The detector comes with four different pre-programmed detection modes- Coin/Jewelry, Coin, All Metal and Relic. Based on what you are hunting for, you can easily select the mode without making any further settings and start searching for valuable targets. This will allow you to spend less time in adjusting the Minelab Safari Metal Detector settings and spend more time and effort in searching for the targets. A large number of Minelab Metal Detector reviews also agree that these pre-set modes are highly effective and cut-short the settings process.
- Pinpoint Mode – You can use the pinpoint mode to know the exact location of the detected target. With visual and audio indicators, the pinpoint makes it much easier for you to dig for targets accurately, without using an additional pinpointer. This helps in reducing the time that you spend on digging and also increases the find rate.
- Adjustable Trash Density – The adjustable trash density mode of Safari is what separates it from other detectors. If you are searching for targets in areas with a high amount of trash, you can keep the trash density at high to ensure that the detector only picks valuable targets and neglects the junk. And when you are hunting in areas with cleaner soil, you can keep the trash density at low to make sure that you do not miss any of the targets.
- LCD – The LCD on the control panel eliminates the guesswork and provides accurate visuals, as well as target ID number, between -10 and +40, and depth at which the target is. The contrast is adjustable, and the menu interface is highly intuitive to offer quick access to all the adjustments. Moreover, there are minimum buttons on the control panel to keep things less complicated, and they are all neatly arranged to allow you only to focus on searching for the targets.
- Noise Cancel – If you are unable to choose a particular frequency or if there is a lot of noise on multiple frequencies, you can press the Noise Cancel button, and the Safari metal detector will automatically select an operating frequency which is the quietest of them all.
- 11” Double-D Coil – The Double-D search coil of the detector is ultra-light in weight and 100% waterproof. However, the entire detector is not waterproof so avoid taking it into deep waters. The search coil is an excellent combination of enhanced depth, better pinpointing and high-level of performance.
- Adjustable Audio Indicator – The volume of the audio indicators can be easily adjusted to suit your preferences. Moreover, you can also connect a standard ¼” headphone to this Safari metal detector while hunting at crowded locations.
- Lightweight Design – Overall, the detector has a pretty well-balanced design with its longer lower shaft and compact built. This will allow you to continue searching for targets without any fatigue.
- Manufacturer- Minelab
- Model Name- Safari
- Frequency- FBS Technology (28 different frequencies)
- Search Coil- 11” Double-D Search Coil
- Dimension- 22” x 18” x 6”
- Weight- 3.6lbs. (Without batteries)
- Warranty- 3-years manufacturer’s warranty
- FBS technology for enhanced performance
- Excellent for searching relic, coin, and jewelry
- 11” double-D waterproof search coil
- LCD with adjustable contrast
- Four preset modes
- Depth, target ID and target visual displayed on screen
- Selected settings can be saved for later use
- Pinpointing Mode
- Adjustable sensitivity and threshold
- Rechargeable NiMH batteries
- 3-years manufacturer’s warranty
- Not 100% waterproof
- Batteries drain very quickly
This mid-level treasure and coin detector is a perfect combination of user-friendliness and innovation. Every single feature of this detector which allows it to deliver the performance that it does is extremely simple to use. Even the Minelab Safari Metal Detector reviews on the internet are highly positive, and the majority of the users suggest that they simply love metal hunting with this detector.
While it can be easily used by intermediate and professional metal hunters, even beginners can use it with some amount of practice. However, beginners are advised to begin their metal hunting journey with a metal detector that is exclusively designed for them as this will allow them to understand the basics of metal hunting thoroughly.
If we missed any important point in this Minelab Safari review, or if you have any queries about this detector, do send them to us with the help of the comments section available below. If you already own this metal detector, we as well as other readers would surely like to hear your experience. And if you want to find out more about some other amazing metal detectors, be it for gold hunting or underwater hunting, do visit other pages of our website. We have selected some of the best ones for you!