Metal detecting hobbyists need to be well aware of the different metal detectors out there. If you are a starter and you purchase an advanced metal detector – then you would have trouble working with it due to lack of experience. Similarly, for someone who has been pursuing this hobby for years, buying a metal detector aimed for a beginner would be a frustrating experience. Metal detectors serve a variety of purposes – from being a pass time of children to helping adults find their valuable jewelry. Irrespective of your metal detecting experience, it is essential for you to choose a metal detector, which not only has plenty of favorable reviews but also will be ideal for you.
If you are a beginner then used metal detectors are the ideal bet for you because a used one will be comparatively cheaper for you and once you get the hang of it, your next purchase can be a brand new one of your choice. In the same way, a used metal detector can also be beneficial for an experienced treasure hunter or gold hunter if he is short on budget. You have nothing to lose if you buy used metal detectors at fewer prices with all the features and benefits intact. The best part is that you do not need to spend a lot of time looking for used metal detectors for sale as plenty of them are available at various online stores. Let us look at some of the pros and cons of buying used metal detectors.
Pros of Buying Used Metal Detectors
- Depending on the model, both adult and children can use them. So, you are not only saving no price but getting a metal detector which is useful for both you and your little one.
- Most of them are waterproof, which means you do not have to worry about them if they fall accidentally on a slippery park/road.
- If you do your homework correctly, you will be able to get a metal detector, which will help you to detect more compared to your friend’s detector.
- You will save a lot of time as if there is any metal around you; your detector will instantly sense it and point you towards the right direction.
- Most of these will be user-friendly and very light weighing. So, you will be able to dig for hours without getting tired.
Cons of Buying Used Metal Detectors
- Due to excessive prior use, at times, your battery might not support you – meaning that it will drain faster than usual.
- It might not be user-friendly and prove to be a frustrating experience for people who have just started out with metal detecting. Also, if you are buying it for a child, then it is doubly frustrating.
- The speaker might turn out to be too noisy and be a nuisance to you and others around.
- In case the coil is not waterproof, your detector might give a false alarm.
- Lastly, even if they are used, some of the metal detectors might still be expensive.
As long as you count in the following points – the being used or unused will not matter much.
- When you are working in the loud area, ensure that you have a decent headphone to help you discriminate the audio.
- The more depth friendly, the better for you. Six to eight feet depth is considered the best.
- If you are a pro by now, then try to get one which has plenty of features to support your experience.
- A large LCD solves most of the problems.
- An indicator, which has the power to help you find metals quickly, is necessary.
Some of the best-used metal detectors that you will find online are Bounty Hunter BHJS Junior Metal Detector and Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector. Other used metal detectors for sale which are worthy of purchase are Ground EFX MC1 Youth Metal Detector and Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector All Terrain Land and Water Metal Detector. You will also get used Minelab detectors for sale. Now, depending on your convenience and needs, pick the one best deemed for you.
Now, that you are well aware of the various pros and cons of used metal detectors, know that you also require certain accessories to support your purchase. A good pinpointer, for example, is mandatory for you if you want to spend less time digging. For those of you, who think that detecting with the help of a tip is the right way, know that you are bound to be disappointed, as a pinpointer does not work like that.
Another accessory, which is a requisite, is a headphone. A good headphone will help you to sort out the sounds, provide maximum comfort for your ears and its volume can be controlled at will. Fisher Stereo Headphones and Pyle PHPMD23 are some of the best products out there. You also need a strong digger like Garrett Edge Digger with Sheath so that you can dig for as long as you like and go to great depths without having to stress over their durability. Now, all you need to do is get hold of any of the used metal detectors for sale and dig on happily.